Instructional aides walk alongside our faculty in equipping students for service in God’s world. They are a constant source of support and encouragement to teachers, students and parents. Aides provide support for full-time teachers, helping them with clerical work and classroom activities. This can involve providing individual attention to students in need of extra assistance or monitoring students while the teacher is out of the room. These are hourly positions.
Reports to: Classroom Teacher(s) and Principal
- Completion of High School
- Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited institution and/or related experience working in a child-centered educational setting preferred
- Participate in professional development opportunities related to position
- Promote warm, welcoming, safe learning climate
- Self-directed, responsible, cooperative and well-organized
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Professional and effective written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Faithful follower of Jesus Christ, active church member
- Friendly, patient, cordial personality
- Demonstrate flexible behavior
- Desire to learn
- Model Christ and principles of Scripture in:
- Relationships of love and respect with students, staff and parents
- Personal and professional choices
- Hygiene, dress and speech
- Collaborate as valuable contributors to staff community and work, with a willingness to learn, discuss and make appropriate changes.
- Executes instructional activities with individual students or small groups of students following teacher direction and demonstration
- Assists in preparation of materials for classroom activities and assignments
- Supports behavior management programs designed by the teacher
- Serves as a source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher
Performance is reviewed periodically.
Ready to Apply?
Please contact Julie DeKoster to request an application.