Safety & Security
At Ada Christian School, we take student safety seriously.
Our school was designed with safety in mind.
- Secured entrances
- Blast proof glass
- Electronic lock-down capability
- Interior and Exterior cameras
- Ongoing professional development
- Practiced safety drills
- Regular review meetings with authorities and safety consultants
- Comprehensive student relations programming
- Professional Development on what it means to "sweat the small stuff"
- Class meetings to discuss what is going well and what could be going better
- Student training on differences between "ratting" and "reporting"
- Identifying annoying vs. hurtful behaviors
- How to be "target proof"
- How to be a helpful bystander
- Confidential reporting system
- Behavior rubrics with listed consequences
- Opportunities to make things right