Deliberately Integrated at Each Grade
- Students have access to multimedia learning resources as well as the ability to create digital portfolios of their learning.
- Students use online subscription skill builders that have the potential to track their progress.
- Students connect with other classrooms through video conferencing.
- Students connect with digital resources to research topics.
- Students write blog posts and practice quality commenting.
- Students are introduced to computer science with basic coding activities.
Resources Used in the Classrooom
Listed here are a few of the web based tools we use in our classrooms.
- KidBlogs: Subscription based student blogs, managed by teachers
- Padlet: Web based collaboration space used to collect and share ideas when brainstorming or presenting. Has the capability to manage publishing and group settings
- Skype & Google Hangouts: Apps that allow students to connect with other classrooms, authors, or scientists.
- ConnectED: Online multimedia resources that support our MyMath curriculum.
- Discovery Education: Digital library complete with lesson plans, activities, projects, and videos.
- XtraMath: Math fact practice that tracks student mastery of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- IXL: Skill builders that target specific curriculum standards, provides immediate feedback, and tracks student progress.
- code.org: Introductory coding activities.
- scratch.mit.edu: Coding platform for beginning coders.
- Google Apps: Apps that allow students to store, share and compile information for various projects including docs, spreadsheets, presentations, maps, etc.