Ada Connection – Jan 13, 2016
Parent/Teacher Conferences Feb 11 & 18
Elementary Conferences: The elementary parent/teacher conference form is going home this week with kindergarten through 5th grade students, due back to school by Jan 20. Use this form (173 KB, PDF) to indicate your date/time preference for your conferences.
Middle School Conferences: Middle School Teachers will be available in the commons both nights for conferences. No sign up is necessary for middle school.
Daddy-Daughter Dance - Deadline to Register is Jan 15
The PTO cordially invites you to our 2nd annual Daddy-Daughter Dance 2016 for “An Evening Under the Stars.”
- Join us on Friday, Feb 05 at Ada Christian School from 7:00-9:00pm for a memorable evening of music, dessert and activities.
- This event is for PK – 8th grade and we welcome grandpas, uncles and special friends!!
- The cost is $30 per couple with a $40 family maximum.
- Every Daughter will receive a corsage as they enter.
- Purchase tickets at http://acsdaddydaughterdance2016.eventbrite.com or pay by check in the main office at school.
- The registration deadline is Jan 15.
Register for Preschool at ACS
We are so pleased with a great response from our ACS family and community! Preschool registrations for next fall are pouring in. If you would like your student to attend preschool or know of interested friends, please register online or stop by preschool for a form soon. It is going to be a great year!
Beginning Kindergarten This Fall?
If you intend to send your child to kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year, please contact Sharon DeJong (676.1289, gro.naitsirhcada@gnojeds). Kindergarten options include Progressive and 5-day sessions. There will be a parent orientation on Tuesday, Mar 15 at 7:00pm for parents only.
School Tubing Party - Sign up by Jan 15 at 9:00am to get the group rate
Come tubing at Cannonsburg, 6800 Cannonsburg Rd NE Belmont on Monday, Jan 25 at 1:00pm.
- Sign up and pay in the school office to get the group rate of $12 per person by Jan 15 at 9:00am.
- You must purchase tickets from Cannonsburg after the deadline.
- A waiver must be signed for each person tubing and is available in the school office.
- Checks must be made out to Ada Christian School.
Questions, please contact Amberly Hoyer (moc.loa@reyohylrebma).
"Faith. Strong." Clubs: Chess
Chess with Mr. Hoo for students in Grades 4-8.
- This club will help members learn some basic openings and other strategies.
- Everyone will play at least a couple of games each session.
- We will all learn how to play tournament chess (with a clock) and have some tournaments.
- We will try as a club, for those who are able, to go to a tournament in Feb that will be held at Hope College.
- Whether you are a beginner or intermediate player, you will have a good time.
- Two sections will be offered -- one on Tuesdays (Jan 19, 26, Feb 02, 09, 16) and one on Wednesdays (Jan 20, 27, Feb 03, 10, 17) from 3:00 - 4:15.
Cost is $40. Fill out a form and make checks payable to Bill Hoogstrate.
Moms in Prayer – Building & Transportation Staff
Please join us Thursday 8:00-9:00am in the office conference room as we pray for our children, their teachers and the ACS community. This week we will be praying specifically for Building and Transportation Staff as we remember that God is pure.
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. – I John 3:2-3
Questions? Contact Laura Cawley (425.9728, moc.oohay@57_csarual)
Bus Driver Appreciation Help Needed
The Bus Driver Appreciation Breakfast will be Friday, Feb 26. We could use one or two more people to help organize the event. Contact Lauri Hanenburg (moc.liamg@grubnenahl) if you are able to help. Thank you!
Geography and Spelling Bees
Congratulations to Hans Pruis, this year’s Geography Bee Champion and to Nathan Yeh, this year’s Runner Up.
Congratulations to Luke Homans, this year’s Spelling Bee Champion and to Ty Uchman, this year’s Runner Up.
Jan 15 – Deadline to register for Daddy-Daughter Dance and Cannonsburg Party
Jan 25 – No School (Professional Development)
Jan 28 – No Forest Hills Bus Transportation (PM)
Jan 29 – No Forest Hills Bus Transportation (AM and PM)
Feb 05 – Daddy Daughter Dance
Feb 15 – No Forest Hills Bus Transportation (AM and PM)
Feb 11 & 18 - Parent Teacher Conferences
Feb 19 & 22 - No School (Winter Break)