Ada Connection – Jan 06, 2016
Information Night at ACS
We are hosting an Information Night & Open House, Tuesday, Jan 12 at 7:00pm. Please invite your friends to take a closer look at Ada Christian School.
New Families at ACS!
A warm welcome to our new families! We are so happy to have new families join us!
- Joshua and Tonya Vliem and their children recently moved to our area from Colorado and three of their children joined us Monday. (Ella, 3A), (Reagan, 1G) and Noah (Preschool).
- Ray and Julie Jorgensen recently moved to our area from Iowa and their 8th grade daughter, Claire, will join us this week.
"Faith. Strong." Friday – Jan 08!
It’s that time again. All students, staff and parents are encouraged to wear their ACS gear to school this week Friday, January 08! Watch next week’s Ada Connection for a picture or two of our school spirit!
Daddy-Daughter Dance – Deadline to Register is Jan 15
- Join us on Friday, Feb 05 at Ada Christian School from 7:00-9:00pm for a memorable evening of music, dessert and activities.
- This event is for PK–8th grade and we welcome grandpas, uncles and special friends!
- The cost is $30 per couple with a $40 family maximum.
- Every daughter will receive a corsage at the event.
- Purchase tickets at http://acsdaddydaughterdance2016.eventbrite.com or pay by check in the main office at school.
- The registration deadline is Jan 15.
With colder temperatures come winter hats, coats with fur lining, blankets and a desire to snuggle close with a cup of hot chocolate. Those are all wonderful things, but they come with the potential to spread head lice. A couple cases were reported to us during our Christmas break. Please be vigilant in checking your children’s heads at this time of year and let school know if a case is discovered.
Hot Lunch – Order by Jan 10
- The window for ordering February's Hot Lunch is Jan 01–10.
- Late orders cannot be accepted.
- Please take note of your child’s scheduled field trips and appointments. We do our best to notify you regarding field trips on the hot lunch order form and in parent letters as well.
Questions? Please contact Sue Prins (gro.naitsirhcada@snirps)
Milk Form – Order by Jan 13
If you wish to order for the second half of the school year, please return your family’s order to the office by Wednesday, Jan 13. The form went home this week.
If you intend to send your child to kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year, please call the office at 676-1289 or email Sharon DeJong (gro.naitsirhcada@gnojeds). We need your child’s first, middle and last name and birthdate for the list we are building. We would also like to know if you prefer 5-day or progressive kindergarten. There will be a parent orientation on Tuesday, Mar 15 at 7:00pm for parents only.
School Tubing Party – Register by Jan 15 at 9:00am to get group rate
School tubing party at Cannonsburg, 6800 Cannonsburg Rd NE Belmont on Monday, Jan 25 at 1:00pm.
- Sign up and pay in the school office to get the group rate of $12 per person by Jan 15 at 9:00am.
- You must purchase tickets from Cannonsburg after the deadline.
- A waiver must be signed for each person tubing and is available in the school office.
- Checks should be made out to Ada Christian School.
Questions? Contact Amberly Hoyer (moc.loa@reyohylrebma).
"Faith. Strong." Chess Club
Chess with Mr. Hoo for students in Grades 4-8.
- This club will help members learn some basic openings and other strategies.
- Everyone will play at least a couple of games each session.
- We will all learn how to play tournament chess (with a clock) and have some tournaments.
- We will try as a club, for those who are able, to go to a tournament in Feb that will be held at Hope College.
- Whether you are a beginner or intermediate player, you will have a good time.
- Two sections will be offered -- one on Tuesdays (Jan 19, 26, Feb 02, 09, 16) and one on Wednesdays (Jan 20, 27, Feb 03, 10, 17) from 3:00 - 4:15.
- Cost is $40. Fill out a form and make checks payable to Bill Hoogstrate.
Moms in Prayer
Please join us from 8:00-9:00am on Thursday, Jan 10 for coffee in the conference room in the office.
Questions? Contact Laura Cawley (425.9728, moc.oohay@57_csarual)
Bus Driver Appreciation Help Needed
The Bus Driver Appreciation Breakfast will be Friday, Feb 26. We could use one or two more people to help organize the event. Contact Lauri Hanenburg (moc.liamg@grubnenahl) if you are able to help. Thank you!
Jan 08 - "Faith. Strong." Friday - Wear ACS clothing to school!
Jan 10 - Deadline to order Hot Lunch
Jan 13 - Deadline to order Milk
Jan 15 - Deadline to register for Daddy-Daughter Dance and Cannonsburg Party
Jan 25 - No School (Professional Development), Cannonsburg Party
Jan 28 - No Forest Hills Bus Transportation (PM)
Jan 29 - No Forest Hills Bus Transportation (AM and PM)
Feb 05 - Daddy-Daughter Dance
PurePlay (PK-4th Grade)
Boys - clinics at GRCES Iroquois campus
Girls - clinics at the Quest center at GRCHS
Y5/K - 8:30am in the North gym
Wildcats Athletics (Grades 5-8)
Basketball - The 5th and 6th grade basketball season is off to a great start! The 7th and 8th grade basketball teams will start games after Christmas Break. We are looking forward to watching the teams compete, please check your email for the game schedule.