Parent Teacher Organization
The purpose of the ACS Parent Teacher Organization is to enhance the education and enrich the environment of our students and the staff in a variety of ways. The PTO coordinates the following areas, all of which benefit from the efforts of volunteers:
- Staff Support
- Extracurricular activities
- Field trip funding
The ACS PTO:
- provides funds for the yearbook
- provides funds for each teacher to enhance their efforts in the classroom
- provides contact room parents with funds to help support classroom activities
- funds the curriculum enhancement opportunities enjoyed by all ages of students
- provides $5 per student to offset the cost of field trips
- supports 5th grade camp and provides music scholarships for band and orchestra students
- contributes to the purchase of books for the library
- purchases Bibles for 3rd graders that are used through the 8th grade
- purchases items yearly from a teacher “wish list” (which amounted to $30,000 of classroom items this year)
- and does much, much more
Recess Help Needed Feb 14 & 21
Looking for a way to bless our hard working teachers during PT Conferences? Covering Recess Duty is a great way to help! This gives them those precious extra moments to prepare, or even just to take a small mental break without managing a playground full of sweet but rambunctious kiddos.
This is such a great opportunity for those who can't commit to a full year-long recess schedule - you get to jump in and bless the teachers, plus it's an extra chance to see your child in action on the playground. That's always a special treat for them. Please take a quick moment to check out the sign up page and claim your spot!
Thank you so much for your support,
Mother Son Event – Mar 01
Come join us for a fun night battling it out in a game of laser tag, archery tag and other games with your son(s). Of course, snacks are provided, too.
Please follow all 3 steps below:
1. Check out EventBrite to sign up or pay cash or check in the office. Cost is $20/couple and $30/family.
2. Go to SignUpGenius to secure your laser tag and archery spots (filling up fast).
3. Finish up at https://www.battlegr.com to sign the waiver to play - very bottom, red box.
Deadline to sign up is Fri, Feb 22. Hope to see you there!
Questions? Contact Denice Burgess at moc.oohay@ssegrub_ecined
Box Tops - Until Feb 21
Please have your kids empty your drawers and search your cupboards for any and all Box Tops at home and send them to school before Feb 21. We will not be sending home collection sheets this year. Please place your Box Tops in a Ziploc bag; you may include your Bonus Box Tops with single Box Tops. Thank you!
Here are a few reminders:
Please cut out labels on the dotted line.
Please do not submit Box Tops with an expiration date before Mar 01, 2019.
If the expiration date is cut off of the Box Top it cannot be submitted.
Box Tops are to be turned in at the office.
Students turning in 25 or more Box Tops will receive a candy reward.
Open PTO Position
Well, our dearly beloved Secretary, Karen Naude (who was amazing) has moved back to her Florida home. (Do any of us blame her? Decidedly not.) We miss her laugh and bright sunny spirit terribly and wish her the absolute best as she resumes her beautiful life down there. However, that leaves us with a little opportunity on our hands. If you've considered getting involved in the Parent Teacher Organization, this is the perfect way to begin. Little responsibility and lots of fun.
1. Attend monthly PTO meetings and take notes.
2. Type them up into minutes.
3. Write and mail thank you cards to our hard-working volunteer event chairs (a handful a month).
4. Jump in to help as needed throughout the year on various events as your schedule permits.
Your pay: $0 (unless you're including benefits, vacation time, sick days etc, in which case....well...it's actually still $0)
We pride ourselves in transparency.
Want to check it out? Come to our next meeting! We promise we won't make you take notes on your first visit.
Please contact Holly Karasinski, PTO President at moc.liamg@4322kylloh or 616.901.8882.