Student Relations Initiative
Our goal is to model and foster Christ-like behavior. If students engage in unkind behaviors towards others consequences will occur along a defined continuum. We will infuse empathy training into the core curriculum; teach children how to be “good bystanders”; show how to respond to bullying to reduce future risk; and provide effective ways for students to get adult help. Steps we follow are:
When witnessing the incident
I saw you ... (repeat what you saw and heard exactly.)
- This behavior is hurtful/unkind.
- I would never let someone disrespect you in that way if I saw it, and it’s not okay to do what you just did to ____ (other student).
- We don’t do that at Ada Christian.
This needs to stop.
Questions if there are no adult witnesses
- Who was involved? What happened?
- Where at school did it happen?
- When did it start? How long has it been going on? How often? Witnesses? (other students who saw or heard)
- I will not tell the other student(s) who told.
- I will document this and there will be an investigation.
- Don’t go back and tell your friends.
- Come back to me right away if this happens again.
Thank you for coming to me. It took courage and you did the right thing.