ACS is seeking a School Social Worker
Working with parents/guardians, colleagues, and community-based resources, the school social worker implements strategies that promote students’ positive school adjustment, recognizing that all students are image bearers of God uniquely gifted for service in his world.
The school social worker assists students with academic learning by providing strategic services that identify and address the social-emotional-environmental issues that interfere with the educational process.
This is a 50% salaried position.
Reports to: Principal
- Master of Social Work degree including a minimum of 500 clock hours of supervised social work practicum experience.
- Valid Michigan Social Work License
- School Social Work Certification
- Demonstration of knowledge and competence in the practice of social work in educational settings, including basic counseling and evaluation
- Demonstration of organizational skills
- Ability to perceive, understand, and respond well to the emotional state of others
- Compassion and empathy for students, parents, and colleagues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and discretion
- Positive relationships with relevant social services
- Redeemed by Christ and committed to serve Him in all that they do.
- Model Christ and principles of Scripture in:
- Relationships of love and respect with students, staff and parents
- Personal and professional choices
- Hygiene, dress and speech
- Practice of the fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, patience, kindness, self-control, faithfulness and truthfulness.
- Demonstrate service to Christ by carrying out responsibilities conscientiously and consistently, with a focus on others rather than self.
- Demonstrate support for the mission, vision and goals of Ada Christian School.
- Intentionally seek to apply Reformed Christian perspective to areas of their responsibility.
- Willingly follow school policies.
- Demonstrate commitment to ACS by serving on committees as needed.
- Educating students at grade appropriate levels on topics related to healthy Christian living. For example: conflict resolution, self-care (eating, sleeping, exercise; positive self-image - image bearers of Christ; healthy vs. unhealthy relationships; sexual purity), godly decision making, social media navigation, communication skills, goal setting, and diversity awareness
- Facilitating Care Groups as needed. For example: loss/grief, listening skills, emotional control, positive self-image, and socialization Skills
- Individual Counseling (short-term) as needed in areas like trauma, anxiety, depression, emotional control, and grief
- Provide resources and connections as needed to churches, local agencies, and professionals regarding family needs and concerns
- Leading Professional Development to better equip faculty and staff in recognizing and addressing student social and emotional needs
- Training and providing materials for faculty, staff, students, and parents in our ACS Student Relations approach and protocols
Ready to Apply?
Here's what we need to know.
We'd also like to see:
- a cover letter
- a resume
- a list of references (with relevant contact information)
Provide the following information:
1. Please tell us about yourself, including church membership and involvement, family, and activities you enjoy.
2. Please share key experiences you have had that equipped you for this position.
3. If someone asked you why Christian education is important, what would you say?
4. Briefly describe how you imagine yourself building rapport with students in a school setting.
5. Briefly describe how you imagine yourself building rapport with colleagues in a school setting.
6. In your opinion, what do you believe are the three of the top needs a school social worker can fulfill in a school setting?
7. What do you believe can be one or two of the most challenging things that are the most challenging for a school social worker?
8. What aspects of being a social worker bring you the most joy?
9. Why are you seeking a position at Ada Christian School?
Include the following statement and data in your response:
In consideration of the receipt and evaluation of this application by Ada Christian School, I agree and represent that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I also authorize any references listed on this application, or not identified in this application, to provide Ada Christian School, if asked, information regarding my character and fitness for employment.
Signature (may be electronic)
Submit Your Application
Please email the information listed above to Nate Kiser, Assistant Principal.
Ada Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national or ethnic origin. Prior to employment, all candidates must undergo a background check that includes fingerprinting and a performance check with former employers, in accordance with state law.