ACS is seeking a Middle School Instructional Aide
Ada Christian School is seeking a qualified individual with a love for the Lord and a desire to support middle school students with academic challenges.
All of our aides walk alongside our faculty in equipping students for service in God’s world. They are a constant source of support and encouragement to teachers, students and parents. This can involve work within the classroom as well as additional academic support outside of the classroom. This is an hourly position.
Reports to: Classroom Teacher(s) and Principal
- Completion of High School
- Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited institution and/or related experience working in a child-centered educational setting preferred
- Participate in professional development opportunities related to position
- Complete ABA training and participate in professional development opportunities related to the position (provided by ACS)
- Promote warm, welcoming, safe learning climate
- Self-directed, responsible, cooperative and well-organized
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Professional and effective written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Faithful follower of Jesus Christ, active church member
- Friendly, patient, cordial personality
- Demonstrate flexible behavior
- Desire to learn
- Model Christ and principles of Scripture in:
- Relationships of love and respect with students, staff and parents
- Personal and professional choices
- Hygiene, dress and speech
- Collaborate as valuable contributors to staff community and work, with a willingness to learn, discuss and make appropriate changes.
- Executes instructional activities with individual students or small groups of students following teacher direction and demonstration.
- Assists in preparation of materials for classroom activities and assignments.
Performance is reviewed periodically.
Ready to Apply?
Here's what we need to know.
We'd also like to see:
- a cover letter
- a resume
- a list of references (with relevant contact information)
Provide the following information:
Please tell us about yourself, including church membership and involvement, family, and activities you enjoy.
Describe your relationship with Jesus Christ and share how that influences your work.
What kinds of educational and work experiences have you had to prepare you for this position?
What strengths would you bring to as a support to teachers and students?
What do you consider to be the biggest challenge related to working with middle school students?
Why are you seeking a position at Ada Christian School?
Include the following statement and data in your response:
In consideration of the receipt and evaluation of this application by Ada Christian School, I agree and represent that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I also authorize any references listed on this application, or not identified in this application, to provide Ada Christian School, if asked, information regarding my character and fitness for employment.
Signature (may be electronic)
Submit Your Application
Please email the information listed above to Nate Kiser, Assistant Principal.