Ada Christian School is seeking a well-qualified individual, with a love for the Lord and a desire to partner in equipping students for service in God’s world, to teach our 5th – 8th grade PE and Bible classes. An application is included in this posting and we will be accepting applications until Monday, Apr 08 at 8:00am.
Reports to: Principal
- Holds an earned Bachelor Degree in education from an accredited institution.
- Holds current certification from the state of Michigan (or other state, while applying for certification from Michigan) in the area and grade level of responsibility for ACS.
- Participates in required professional development requirements of the state and of Ada Christian School.
- Faithful follower of Jesus Christ, active church member
- Friendly, cordial personality
- Demonstrate flexible behavior
- Desire to learn and find ways to improve
Knowledge and Skills in Curriculum and Teaching
- Demonstrates knowledge of the curriculum for which s/he is responsible.
- Demonstrates ability to connect knowledge, skills and attitudes within and among disciplines for which s/he is responsible to teach.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to connect Reformed Christian principles with the curriculum and classroom community.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Translates curricular essential knowledge, questions and goals into meaningful and clearly-articulated lessons and experiences for all kinds of learners.
- Demonstrates the ability to model questions and higher order thinking.
- Gives clear and organized explanations.
- Chooses appropriate resources to enhance learning for students.
- Chooses authentic assessments for students.
- Prepares lessons appropriate to the age and skill of students and time allotted for instruction.
- Organizes instruction to maximize student learning.
- Demonstrates ability to redirect questions and activities in response to student misunderstandings.
- Devotes time to reflection, evaluation of self and practice, and carrying out improvement plans for self and the school.
Knowledge and Skills in Relationships and Community
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual students – personality, strengths, areas for growth.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of learning theories (brain, emotions, etc…) to best help students learn.
- Establishes classroom climate of respect, order, and interaction for learning.
- Maintains high learning and behavior expectations for students, while using love and grace to solve problems.
- Encourages student relationships that are effective for student growth.
- Solves problems wisely, while maintaining respect for those involved.
- Maintains a positive attitude, sense of humor, and reliance on God.
- Builds a sense of Christian community in the classroom, grade level and school.
- Demonstrates strong partnership with parents: respect, love and communication.
- Participates in school activities.
- Provides service opportunities for students
Evaluated once a year for the first three years in position and once every three years following by the Principal. See Policy Book for details.