ACS is seeking a Long-term Spanish Substitute
Ada Christian School is seeking a well qualified individual with a passion for teaching and impacting students mind, body and soul in Christian community to teach 3rd - 8th Grade Spanish. This is a full time Long Term Substitute Position.
Reports to: Principal
- Holds an earned Bachelor Degree in education from an accredited institution.
- Holds current certification from the state of Michigan (or other state, while applying for certification from Michigan) in the area and grade level of responsibility for ACS.
- Redeemed by Christ and committed to serve Him in all that they do.
- Model Christ and principles of Scripture in:
- Relationships of love and respect with students, staff and parents
- Personal and professional choices
- Hygiene, dress and speech
- Practice of the fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, patience, kindness, self-control, faithfulness and truthfulness.
- Demonstrate service to Christ by carrying out responsibilities conscientiously and consistently, with a focus on others rather than self.
- Demonstrate support for the mission, vision and goals of Ada Christian School.
- Intentionally seek to apply Reformed Christian perspective to areas of their responsibility.
- Willingly follow school policies.
Knowledge and Skills in Curriculum and Teaching
- Demonstrates knowledge of the curriculum for which s/he is responsible.
- Demonstrates ability to connect knowledge, skills and attitudes within and among disciplines for which s/he is responsible to teach.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to connect Reformed Christian principles with the curriculum and classroom community.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Translates curricular essential knowledge, questions and goals into meaningful and clearly-articulated lessons and experiences for all kinds of learners.
- Demonstrates the ability to model questions and higher order thinking.
- Gives clear and organized explanations.
- Chooses appropriate resources to enhance learning for students.
- Chooses authentic assessments for students.
- Prepares lessons appropriate to the age and skill of students and time allotted for instruction.
- Organizes instruction to maximize student learning.
- Demonstrates ability to redirect questions and activities in response to student misunderstandings.
- Devotes time to reflection, evaluation of self and practice, and carrying out improvement plans for self and the school.
Knowledge and Skills in Relationships and Community
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual students – personality, strengths, areas for growth.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of learning theories (brain, emotions, etc…) to best help students learn.
- Establishes classroom climate of respect, order, and interaction for learning.
- Maintains high learning and behavior expectations for students, while using love and grace to solve problems.
- Encourages student relationships that are effective for student growth.
- Solves problems wisely, while maintaining respect for those involved.
- Maintains a positive attitude, sense of humor, and reliance on God.
- Builds a sense of Christian community in the classroom, grade level and school.
- Demonstrates strong partnership with parents: respect, love and communication.
- Participates in school activities.
- Provides service opportunities for students
Ready to Apply?
Here's what we need to know.
We'd also like to see:
- a cover letter
- a resume
- a list of references (with relevant contact information)
Provide the following information:
Please tell us about yourself, including church membership and involvement, family, and activities you enjoy.
Describe your relationship with Jesus Christ and share how that influences your work.
What kinds of educational and work experiences have you had to prepare you for this position?
What strengths would you bring to as a support to teachers and students?
What do you consider to be the biggest challenge related to working with middle school students?
Why are you seeking a position at Ada Christian School?
Include the following statement and data in your response:
In consideration of the receipt and evaluation of this application by Ada Christian School, I agree and represent that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I also authorize any references listed on this application, or not identified in this application, to provide Ada Christian School, if asked, information regarding my character and fitness for employment.
Signature (may be electronic)
Submit Your Application
Please email the information listed above to Nate Kiser, Assistant Principal.
All applications are due by Apr 24, 2020.
Ada Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national or ethnic origin. Prior to employment, all candidates must undergo a background check that includes fingerprinting and a performance check with former employers, in accordance with state law.