Ada Christian School is seeking a well qualified individual with a passion for teaching and impacting students mind, body and soul in Christian community to teach K-4th Grade Music and 5th-8th Grade Orchestra. This is a full time Long Term Substitute Position.
- Holds an earned Bachelor Degree in education from an accredited institution.
- Holds current certification from the state of Michigan (or other state, while applying for certification from Michigan) in the area and grade level of responsibility for ACS.
- Redeemed by Christ and committed to serve Him in all that they do.
- Model Christ and principles of Scripture in:
- Relationships of love and respect with students, staff and parents
- Personal and professional choices
- Hygiene, dress and speech
- Practice of the fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, patience, kindness, self-control, faithfulness and truthfulness.
- Demonstrate service to Christ by carrying out responsibilities conscientiously and consistently, with a focus on others rather than self.
- Demonstrate support for the mission, vision and goals of Ada Christian School.
- Intentionally seek to apply Reformed Christian perspective to areas of their responsibility.
- Willingly follow school policies.
Knowledge and Skills in Curriculum and Teaching
- Demonstrates knowledge of the curriculum for which s/he is responsible.
- Demonstrates ability to connect knowledge, skills and attitudes within and among disciplines for which s/he is responsible to teach.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to connect Reformed Christian principles with the curriculum and classroom community.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Translates curricular essential knowledge, questions and goals into meaningful and clearly-articulated lessons and experiences for all kinds of learners.
- Demonstrates the ability to model questions and higher order thinking.
- Gives clear and organized explanations.
- Chooses appropriate resources to enhance learning for students.
- Chooses authentic assessments for students.
- Prepares lessons appropriate to the age and skill of students and time allotted for instruction.
- Organizes instruction to maximize student learning.
- Demonstrates ability to redirect questions and activities in response to student misunderstandings.
- Devotes time to reflection, evaluation of self and practice, and carrying out improvement plans for self and the school.
Knowledge and Skills in Relationships and Community
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual students – personality, strengths, areas for growth.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of learning theories (brain, emotions, etc…) to best help students learn.
- Establishes classroom climate of respect, order, and interaction for learning.
- Maintains high learning and behavior expectations for students, while using love and grace to solve problems.
- Encourages student relationships that are effective for student growth.
- Solves problems wisely, while maintaining respect for those involved.
- Maintains a positive attitude, sense of humor, and reliance on God.
- Builds a sense of Christian community in the classroom, grade level and school.
- Demonstrates strong partnership with parents: respect, love and communication.
- Participates in school activities.
- Provides service opportunities for students