Ada Christian School is seeking a well qualified individual with a love for the Lord and a desire to nurture and encourage students. Our Inclusion Program ensures that students with cognitive and emotional impairments are provided with appropriate instruction, learning opportunities, behavioral support, and the social skills training needed to facilitate personal growth and success in school.
Reports to: Student Support Director and Principal
- Plan academic, social, and behavioral modifications, in cooperation with general education teachers and inclusion paraprofessionals, for students who receive inclusive education services; this includes attention given to the least restrictive environment.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of all assigned students.
- Communicate student progress, achievements, and concerns with parents on a regular basis.
- Promote programming that enables all students to come alongside students receiving inclusive education services.
- Commitment to Christian Education
- A Bachelor's degree and Michigan State certification in Special Education from an accredited four-year college or university
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the cognitive, social, and emotional characteristics and needs found in students with a variety of disabilities
Evaluated once a year for the first three years in position and once every three years following by the Principal.