ACS is seeking an Elementary Music Teacher
The teaching faculty is to instruct students within the parameters of the approved curriculum with a desire to lay a firm foundation for continued learning and to equip them for service in God's world. This person is called to use their God given gifts and abilities to help students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music.
This is a 33% salaried position for Young 5's through 1st grade music.
- Holds an earned Bachelor Degree in education from an accredited institution.
- Holds current valid certification from the state of Michigan.
- Experience in the area of music.
- Redeemed by Christ and committed to serve Him in all that they do.
- Model Christ and principles of Scripture in:
- Relationships of love and respect with students, staff and parents
- Personal and professional choices
- Hygiene, dress and speech
- Practice of the fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, patience, kindness, self-control, faithfulness and truthfulness.
- Demonstrate service to Christ by carrying out responsibilities conscientiously and consistently, with a focus on others rather than self.
- Demonstrate support for the mission, vision and goals of Ada Christian School.
- Intentionally seek to apply Reformed Christian perspective to areas of their responsibility.
- In good standing at a Protestant church.
- Willingly follow school policies.
- Demonstrate commitment to ACS by serving on committees as needed.
- Children in grades K-8 attend a Christian school.
- Plan and teach Kindergarten and Young 5’s music.
- Plan and lead one concert a year in collaboration with other Elementary grades.
- Is able to teach basic musical concepts like:
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual students – personality, strengths, areas for growth.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of learning theories (brain, emotions, etc…) to best help students learn.
- Establishes a classroom climate of respect, order, and interaction for learning.
- Maintains high learning and behavior expectations for students, while using love and grace to solve problems.
- Encourages student relationships that are effective for student growth.
- Solves problems wisely, while maintaining respect for those involved.
- Maintains a positive attitude, sense of humor, and reliance on God.
- Builds a sense of Christian community in the classroom, grade level and school.
- Demonstrates strong partnership with parents: respect, love and communication.
- Participates in school activities.
- Provides service opportunities for students.
Evaluated once a year for the first three years in position and once every three years following by the Principal.
Ready to Apply?
Here's what we need to know.
We'd also like to see:
- a cover letter
- a resume
- proof of certification
- a list of references (email contact)
Provide the following information:
Please tell us about yourself, including church membership and involvement, family, and activities you enjoy.
Describe your relationship with Jesus Christ and share how that influences your work as a teacher.
Please explain your philosophy of Christian education.
Describe some of your beliefs about elementary students and the learning process.
Describe some qualities that are specific to a music curriculum in a Christian school setting.
Describe the classroom climate you believe is important including management strategies you will use.
Why are you seeking a position at Ada Christian School?
Include the following statement and data in your response:
In consideration of the receipt and evaluation of this application by Ada Christian School, I agree and represent that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I also authorize any references listed on this application, or not identified in this application, to provide Ada Christian School, if asked, information regarding my character and fitness for employment.
Signature (may be electronic)
Submit Your Application
Please email the information listed above to Nate Kiser, Assistant Principal.
Ada Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national or ethnic origin. Prior to employment, all candidates must undergo a background check that includes fingerprinting and a performance check with former employers, in accordance with state law.