The mission of Ada Christian School is to equip students for service in God’s World.
The Director of Advancement furthers this mission as a motivated self-starter who implements the following initiatives on behalf of both Ada Christian School and the Ada Christian School Education Foundation:
- The Director will be responsible for all aspects associated with donor gifts and shall maintain an active pool of top level prospects in addition to overseeing the Annual Foundation dinner, annual fund drive, and other applicable fundraisers and capital campaigns.
- The Director will be responsible for building and enhancing the alumni, parent, and grandparent databases.
- The Director will establish and direct the marketing and public relations of the school and will diligently work to advance the awareness and visibility of Ada Christian School in the community.
- A successful candidate will advance the financial stability of the school by enhancing the existing donor network and building awareness for both the Annual Fund and the Education Foundation.
- Further, through marketing, public relations, and communication networks, the Director will build a platform to increase the enrollment of the school.
The Director of Advancement reports to the Principal and to the ACS Education Foundation Board.
- Commitment to the mission of Christian education and an in-depth understanding of and commitment to the Reformed tradition of Christianity
- Faithful follower of Jesus Christ, active church member, passionate about Christian education
- Model Christ and principles of Scripture in:
- Relationships of love and respect with students, staff, parents, and supporters of ACS and ACSEF
- Personal and professional choices
- Nurturing the academic, spiritual, personal, social, creative, and physical development of its students for effective service to the Lord
- Bachelor degree plus a minimum of three years of experience in fund development, preferably in an educational environment with a background in multi-year, comprehensive campaigns and/or five years of experience in marketing or public relations
- Strong proactive leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge and effective use of social media tools as well as web content and management
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete a wide variety of tasks in a dynamic setting
- Friendly, cordial personality with a positive outlook
- Ability to work with other members of the school administration team, treasurer, and board members who are involved in various areas of school and foundation finances.
- A team player who is willing to pitch in whenever and wherever needed
- Effectively solicit, cultivate, and steward donors to ACS and ACSEF fundraising programs including, but not limited to, the Annual Fund, capital and major gift campaigns, ACSEF annual dinner, scholarships, endowments, planned giving, and grants to ACS programs.
- Oversee the management of gift processing and donor acknowledgements.
- Manage and oversee donor relations, including managing goals for visits and specific outcomes for targeted donors.
- Lead, manage, and oversee the areas of special events and alumni relations, including establishing and maintaining an active, alumni, parent, and grandparent database.
- Personally cultivate and strengthen relationships with current and prospective donors through positive communication, representation, and special activities and events and track such contacts in an active database of donors, prospects documenting such contacts and giving history.
- Coordinate with Principal to ensure a personal cultivation and management of current and prospective donor relationships and prospective families.
- Establish and maintain contacts with key individuals in organizations, churches, or corporations with potential for contributing funds, grants, services and material resources
- Establish, pursue, and measure annual fund development goals.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Lead, plan, direct, and implement strategies for all marketing and public relations efforts, to raise visibility, advance our brand, and articulate clear messaging to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and coordinate Promotions Committee efforts for all ACS community in-house and outreach events to enhance the reach and ultimately the enrollment of ACS.
- Plan and implement, with the Principal and Promotions Committee, a comprehensive long-range marketing plan for ACS, with annual review and evaluation.
- Oversee all electronic communications, website requirements, and social media for ACS and ACSEF.
- Supervise the planning and production of all external ACS and ACSEF publications (The Link, Event Correspondence, Promotional Materials, Invitations, etc.) with the Principal.
- Establish, pursue, and measure annual enrollment growth, communication initiatives, and other public relations goals.
- ACS Executive Committee and Board
- Long-Range Planning
- ACS Education Foundation Executive Committee and Board
Evaluated once a year for the first three years in position and once every three years following by the Principal and ACS Education Foundation Board.
Screening for this position will begin immediately and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled. Our goal is to hire the right candidate by January 2018.
Applicants should submit the following documents in Microsoft Word or PDF files:
- A completed application document (884 KB, DOCX)
- Letter of interest
- Current résumé
- Contact information for three references
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package. The successful candidate is expected to work year round.