ACS is seeking a Covenant Care Director
The Covenant Care Director will build and maintain a program that cares for students in ways that provide loving supervision, active play, and stimulating learning activities in support of our mission to equip students for service in God’s world.
Reports to: Principal
- Commitment to the mission of Christian education and an in-depth understanding of and commitment to the Reformed tradition of Christianity
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education desired
- Minimum of three years experience in a preschool or childcare setting with management experience desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to young children and parents
- Ability to manage a budget and make recommendations to the principal
- Ability to effectively lead and collaborate with colleagues
- Professional and effective written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Faithful follower of Jesus Christ, active church member
- Dependable, responsible and conscientious
- Friendly, cordial personality
- Demonstrates flexible behavior
- Commitment to the mission, vision and goals of ACS
- Desire to learn
- The Covenant Care Director is responsible for the success of the program
- They will ensure that there is a caring and safe environment for the children
- Assure compliance with applicable state codes and regulations
- Comply with State Licensing Child Care regulations including completing appropriate paperwork
- Establish policies for registration and fees in cooperation with the principal
- Prepare periodic reports on the status of the program to the principal and school board
- Communicate with parents by email, phone, formal, and informal meetings
- Solicit information periodically from families to determine satisfaction and improve the program
- Prepare and maintain the Covenant Care Handbook containing procedures and policies
- Perform related duties as required by the principal
Hours of Employment
- This is a year-round salaried position
- School Year: 10:30am - 6:15pm
- Summer: 7:45am - 4:15pm
Ready to Apply?
Here's what we need to know.
We'd also like to see:
- a cover letter
- a resume
- a list of references (with relevant contact information)
Provide the following information:
- Please tell us about yourself, including church membership and involvement, family, and activities you enjoy.
- Describe your relationship with Jesus Christ and share how that influences your work.
- What kinds of educational and work experiences have you had to prepare you for this position?
- What strengths would you bring to our Covenant Care team?
- In your opinion, what are five of the top qualities you believe parents value the most when they choose a daycare for their children.
- Why are you seeking a position at Ada Christian School?
Include the following statement and data in your response:
In consideration of the receipt and evaluation of this application by Ada Christian School, I agree and represent that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I also authorize any references listed on this application, or not identified in this application, to provide Ada Christian School, if asked, information regarding my character and fitness for employment.
Signature (may be electronic)
Submit Your Application
Please email the information listed above to Nate Kiser, Assistant Principal.
All applications are due by Mar 12, 2021.
Ada Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national or ethnic origin. Prior to employment, all candidates must undergo a background check that includes fingerprinting and a performance check with former employers, in accordance with state law.