The bookkeeper will assist the School and Foundation in accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial record keeping, payroll, gifts & pledges, and balancing. This is a part-time position maintaining approximately 24 hours per week.
Reports to: Business Manager and Principal
- Commitment to the mission of Christian education and an in-depth understanding of and commitment to the Reformed tradition of Christianity.
- BA in accounting with 2+ years of accounting experience; non-profit experience and at least 1 year of public accounting a plus.
- Proficiency using basic and various accounting and payroll software, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, QuickBooks, and eTapestry.
- Faithful follower of Jesus Christ; active church member o Friendly, cordial personality
- Demonstrate flexible behavior
- Desire to learn and find ways to improve and to increase efficiency
- Ability to work with other members of the school administration team, treasurer and board members who are involved in various areas of school finances.
- Ability to organize work and work independently.
- Oversee accounts payable function including bills due, reimbursements, special requests.
- Oversee accounts receivable and tuition collection function.
- Oversee payroll processing o Oversee preparation and distribution of gift receipts.
- Responsible for financial filing and record retention.
- Reconcile investment and bank accounts.
- At year end, transfer available funds from general reserves to designated reserve accounts as budgeted; coordinate with Business Manager and Finance Committee.
- Prepare updated delinquency reports and review with Administrator and Treasurer/Finance Committee.
- Generate and share accurate/up-to-date reports on gifts and pledges when needed. (ex. full cost of tuition gifts, campaign and annual fund gifts).
- Prepare required monthly federal & state tax forms.
- Oversee the banking function.
- Cross-train with other accounting staff to ensure all accounting functions can be performed in the event of absences
- Other duties as assigned by the school administrator or Business Manager
90 day review by Principal and Business Manager. Evaluated once a year for the first three years of employment and once every three years following.